Personally, I see potential in him to be the next Nyx Assassin - a hero that at first glance looks like a pubstomper semi-carry, but is actually a very good Roaming Support.
- Ice Shards
- Deals Damage and Blocks Pathing
- Comparison: similar to Earthshaker's Fissure
- Stun + Damage
- Comparison: it's like a less reliable Burrow Strike (Sand King spell)
- Frozen Sigil
- Massive AoE slow to move and attack speed
- Comparison: Warlock's Upheaval or Omniknight's Degen Aura
- Walrus Punch
- Critial Strike on short cooldown
- Also slows movespeed of target by 40% for a few seconds
- Comparison: Nyx Assassin's Vendetta, Earthshaker's Enchant Totem, or Necrolyte's Scythe
- Ult scales with damage
- Ult gets better when a hero is low HP (could be kind of kill-stealy, but depends on timing)
- Traditional Support items may not be great on him (e.g. Arcane Boots)
Final ThoughtsI think Tusk has a lot of potential as a roaming support hero. He has a lot of spells that can be used in a supportive way. Sure, you might not be getting the most out of his ult if you don't stack damage items, but many other supports suffer the same problem. When you look at the bottom line, any hero will become more effective with items.
In the right lineup, Tusk could be an extremely effective support that has potential to scale into late game. He is a bit less reliable than some other supports, but he also has a lot to offer.